Hodmedod's Fava Bean Umami Paste
A purée of fermented beans full of rich umami flavour.
Similar to a Japanese miso but made with British-grown fava beans, our fermented Fava Bean Umami Paste is packed with deep rich umami flavour with subtle notes of sherry.
Awarded two stars in the 2019 and 2018 Great Taste Awards, here are a few of the judges' comments:
- "We love the umami depth of flavour, its complexity and persistence."
- "Deep, satisfying umami flavours that burst with fizzy fermentation, complex soy like flavour with a natural sweetness that is really harmonious and delicious."
- "A fabulously aromatic miso paste, how brilliant that this is made from British-grown fava beans."
- "Brilliant in a variety of dishes and genuinely versatile."
- "A brilliant fridge staple."
Adds to stirfries, stews, soups, dressings, stocks and more for umami depth and fruity, sherry flavour. We’ve even been spreading it on toast!
Add about half a teaspoon per serving to almost any dish for added depth of flavour.
Keep refrigerated and use within 4 weeks of opening.
Fava Beans, Water, Salt, Live Cultures*
*Lactobacillus delbrueckii, Aspergillus sojae, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii
|Typical values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.1g|
|of which sugars||2.1g|